4th Edition D & D

I received a copy of the 4th Edition Players Handbook and Dungeon Masters Guide for my birthday. I have been slowly skimming and reading them to relax. I miss paper and pencil games. I miss running a D & D campaign. I wonder if I'll ever get to do it again. I think I'd get the same 'bang' I get out of modding with much lower time commitment. Funny PnP games take longer to play but can be written relatively quickly and mods take forever to write and not too long to play. Hmmm.....

My dream is to rope my three young sons into a PnP game when they are old enough. The youngest, doesn't quite read yet, but I've already got him, I can tell. The oldest will give it a go and I bet he will enjoy it, but he's busy. The middle one, I'm not sure... I'm just not sure.

Maybe I can find a local game to participate in.

I've also dabbled with the idea of a online game or participating in a DM led NWN2 game. It could be lots of fun.

I still think about modding, but have taken no steps back to it. I'm happily playing Age of Empires III/War Chiefs/Asian Dynasties and a little bit of 'Fate' to entertain my kids.

Comments

  1. I've been playing 4th ed. pretty regularly now and it's a blast. Our campaign is kinda unconventional because we are all playing teen-movie archetypes (my character is a popular/mean-girl cheerleader/warlord), but the system, I think, is also responsible for some of the fun. Combat is just much more streamlined and interesting than 3.5's.

    Maybe if D&D Insider gets off the ground we can play on a virtual table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do that (play an insider based game).

    I am listening to a 4e Game from rpgmp3.com and it's quite good and very entertaining. It seems like all the characters have a roughly equal number of things they can do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Evil Stronghold

Maps for B4 The Lost City