Dragon Age: Origins - Toolset Confirmed

Dragon Age: Origins - Toolset Confirmed

I subscribed to the Dragon Age World Builders newsletter. I received the following newsletter tonight.


Introducing the Dragon Age Toolset

The Dragon Age Toolset provides builders with powerful, developer-grade tools.

Key features include:
Dragon Age Toolset
Ruins in Korkari Wilds area. Toolset in
background. Insert: In-Game Create Original Adventures: Using Dragon Age's rich set of assets and locations as starting blocks, you can modify these stunning areas by adding new quests, characters and scripting to create your own adventures, conversations and cut-scenes.

Powerful Script Editor: You can fully customize combat and creature AI to create detailed action sequences full of heart-pounding party-based tactical combat.

On-Going Toolset Content Updates: We have plans to release additional assets and features for the toolset in the future, allowing for expanded creation of new areas.





Toolset Demonstration Highlights

At PAX, Dragon Age: Origins Producer Fernando Melo and Senior Designer Ferret Baudoin will be presenting a 45 minute overview of the toolset for Dragon Age fans.

*

The demonstration takes place in the Ruins of Ostagar area
*

A quick look at the extremely flexible Face Morphing feature
*

Clothing, armor and weapons will be selected giving a quick look at the variety
*

Enemy monsters will be selected and placed in the area
*

The new dialogue editor will be featured
*

The module created on stage will be played through live in the Dragon Age: Origins game


I know, I know! I'm trying not to mod for NWN2 let alone some other game, but still it's exciting news.

Comments

  1. How exciting huh? Feeling your addiction growing stronger? Feeling that hiatus fleeting? hehehe


    miss ya tons Ernie!! Hope you have enjoyed the summer with your family :)

    Hows the tootsies? Healed up nicely?

    Regards
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting news. But it seems to say one would not be able to create areas and mods from scratch. That's unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting stuff...be interested to mod for a different system just to see how it fares

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have mixed feelings about it. I have great trust in the guys and girls at Bioware, but are not convinced about the DA concept, yet less about the modabilty of the game. The toolset screenies though, have gained some +1 influence with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading between the lines, I agree with what E.C. Patterson said. It sounds like you can only make some alterations to existing material rather than do stuff from scratch.

    Or, maybe they are trying to encourage new builders by saying it is easy enough to make alterations to existing areas (without having to do everything from scratch), but are *not* saying doing your own new areas are not possible.

    I guess time and new comments will tell.

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think toolsets in any form are a good idea. They really extend the appeal of a game. That's good for me as a player, a modder and it should also be good for the publisher by making there game more appealing.

    My foot is doing well. I'm having a screw removed in a few weeks. It's holding the bones that lead to my big toe and next two toes together. These bones should move independently but because of the screw they do not. It's considered a minor 5 minute procedure and they don't completely but me under, but it's also considered 'surgery'. So I get to do the pre-op prep, fasting, pre-op physical, blah blah... and I have to miss two days of work, which isn't cool because I like me job, they need me, and I've already missed a ton of time over this foot thing.

    ... but my foot feels pretty good most of the time.

    Modding? Me... hmmm... I'll keep thinking about that. Maybe after the kids start school. We'll see....

    ReplyDelete
  7. No multiplayer, no modding (for me). Too bad for DA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knows what DA will have to offer in time with their toolset. I assume volume of interest will determine what they make available. I would also guess, it depends if bioware wants to support another full blown modding community. I hope they do!!

    Regards
    Liso

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth