Testing

I tested the first chunk of my module, not exhaustively but enough to find the big issue and figure out what I was doing that was working and what was failing miserably. I'll do a little debugging, probably no additional serious (for now) then move on to the next chunk.

* Edit 4:16pm *

Editing and debugging complete. Two things I'm not sure off.

1) I've got guys who are supposed to be in a diaorama. The are 1/4 scale, and I can get them to freeze and look like stone. No problem. I want to place them on an object with dynamic collision on and not have them pop off to the side. I just set height and position lock but haven't tested this. It indicates this will hold them in the toolset (which I assume means not in the game).

2) I have a few extra factions. What's the best way to make someone non-hostile then have them go hostile against you and companions after the conversation. I can get them to attack, but they don't engage my companions, at least not right away. I have 5 or 6 different methods set now for experimentation and I will test this later.

On the whole those are not bad.

I had one mystery but I think I'll track it down with out much fuss. A on inventory distrub script was firing way before the room was even reached. Very odd...

All in all loads of good progress and learning. You know I think this stuff helps me with my work programming from time to time, in terms of thinking about how to code things.

Now for a break.

ENoa4

Comments

  1. Great to see the nuts and bolts of your mod creation - please keep up the posts! I've been keeping a careful log of my development effort, but have been hesitant to publish until I've convinced myself that the mod will actually get out.

    Also - when you reach early beta I'm happy to volunteer as proofreader. I just finished editing the last of my wife's stories for a creative writing class she took over the summer - all got A's on grammar/syntax...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at it. I always plan to do too much and have to cut back. I've been getting better and figuring out what is do-able with the given time I have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Maps for B4 The Lost City

Evil Stronghold