The Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan


Well Lariam got it on the first guess. I am back to working on The Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan. We did a little work on expanding and improving the NWN1 with the Maztican team, but we didn't get very far. I did a conversion for NWN1 as my first public module, and started on a copy for NWN2, but gave up.

At any rate, I've decided to do something based on The Hidden Shirne of Tamoachan rather than a straight conversetion. I have had an elaborate backstory and epilogue for the module floating around my head for a long time. In fact that's what most of my work has been focused on, and in my mind that story is the focal point of the module, rather than the original dungeon crawl.

The original dungeon crawl will factor into the module but will undergo some pretty significant changes, as there are things that are not possible in NWN2, there are no giant hermit crabs for example, nor are there centaur mummies, so I'm doing my own thing here and there, making it more my own.

The big criticism I got on the NWN1 conversation is there was almost no role play and very little plot, which was true, it was a straight conversion of the PNP module.

My adaptation of the module will hopefully be quite the opposite, with some heavy role play opportunities and some very well developed companions that are smack dab in the middle of the story.

I'm not sure what I am going to call the module, I do not want to call it 'C1 Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan', but I want to feature Hidden Shrine or Tamoachan in the title. I'm going to give LOADS and LOADS of credit to Harold Johnson and Jeff R. Leason who wrote the original, but it will be my own, 're-imagined' module if you will.

So, the cats out of the bag. I'd love to spill the beans about the main plot, but for now it's going to wait.

Great guess Lariam... :-)

Comments

  1. Sounds like fun! :) I never played your nwn1 version, or the original PnP, but the title, at least, sounds really interesting. -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Berliad, I hope you enjoy it when it's released. I like your icon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I was wondering if you were going to wait for the expansion set since some of their announced material indicated they were including some egyptian-inspired tomb/temple tile sets.

    In any case, can't wait. Very fond memories of both the PNP and your NWN1 versions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mr. Darke,

    I had not read that there were going to be some Egyptian inspired sets. I am quite happy with the tilesets I have now. The shadowfortress took some getting used to but I'm getting around ok now.

    ENoa4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Egyptian inspired stuff? That's great - some people have been regretting the lack of such content. Any idea where some further information could be found?

    And yup - sounds like fun. The dungeon crawl in itself sounds intriguing, and I'm looking forward to experiencing the story in which it has been set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it is satisfactory when I get it finished up.

    I'm pleased with it thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lariam - the ruin impressions I got were from the screenshots and description of the Imaskari Ruin tileset-
    http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Articles.Detail&id=237
    Not so Egyptian on re-inspection. I guess not all the neurons are firing on Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks mr. darke! Yeah - I had forgotten about the Imaskari ruins, too. I guess there could be some Egyptian inspired stuff there, and that's neat, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did a little poking about for screen shots of the new tileset, but did not have any luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth