Progress

I am spending way to much time working on this module, if I don't shelf it soon for a while I'm going experience some burnout. I have to construct 5-8 more additional interior areas, depending upon how I break them up.

I have been working furiously on area layout with some decoration. My plan is to go back through and add more decoration, set sounds, load screens, etc... in another pass. I'm going to get all of the essential dialog in place, which actually is 80% complete. Then I'll take a walk through and see if all the area transitions work and the dialog is ok.

With that the main story will be in place and functional. (minus journal entires)

After that... add the monsters and NPCs. Companions are already in and well developed. There are a fair number of tricks/traps in the game and they need to be scripted. I think I can salvage/borrow a lot of scripts from earlier NWN1 mods, but I'm not quite sure.

Finally... polish and debugging.

I suppose psychologically I have stopped thinking of this project as something I noodle with from time to time and now it's something with a finite to do list and a finish line. It's quite distant but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

That's great I suppose, but it's making me feel a sense of non-existant urgency to complete this module and release it. I have felt some pangs of... "I've had enough of this." Could it be the beginning of burnout? Perhaps. Berliad once commented I seemed to be very all or nothing about writing modules and that pacing myself might be a good idea. He's right, but I don't know if I have the self disciple to do so.

Time will tell. :-)

One of these days I'll have to post about what the project is. It will be for 5th level characters, so anyone who's played Keep On The Borderlands should be able to take the character from that module and continue in this one. Although this project is not a sequel that has been intentionally done to give players a 'set' of modules to run their character through.

Comments

  1. "I am spending way to much time working on this module"

    I believe that was reason #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? What reasons? Why I have no idea what you are talking about. No friend of mine ever tried to talk sense into my head about writing more modules. No friend of mine ever point out that I act like a drug addicted zombie in the peak of my module writing frenzy.

    Number 3? Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I need a pretty good break, I'll see if I can discipline myself. :-)

    I am still having fun and want to keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Evil Stronghold

Maps for B4 The Lost City