Progress (10 out of 52 rooms)

Progress on the Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan. The 'Dungeon' portion of the module is the part I'm converting. According to the paper and pencil module there are 52 rooms or areas. I have finished initial efforts on 10 of the 52 rooms, including some that were rather complex. I borrowed a bit of script and writing from NWN1 and cleaned it up or re-wrote it. It's a good chunk of work.

Now my darlin' wife is ill and ran a garage sale and went to my sisters wedding dress fitting today. One of my sons was ill and need attention but was rather subdued. The bottom line, it was an unusual day, but I also spent a LOT of time working on the module. The pace may not be kept up.

Finishing the internal rooms in the dungeon will be my next major milestone. Then I should test them, really I should test them a chunk at at time, but we'll see.

Then there are journal entries, load screens, and a few other odds and ends I have planned (that may get cut).

I am worried about proofreading. I always get knocked for it and I've been in the habit of writing in word then pasting text in. This time I'm just writing, and plan to use an spell checker plug in. I've tested it, but have not used this approach. I'm not sure if it will work well or if it can be done efficiently. Time will tell.

Lots of progress today. Very little burnout. My last mod was stable, but good lord testing it to get it to that point is a bit of pain. I'm not looking forward to testing and debugging.

Comments

  1. "Very little burnout". That's the best part of your progress. But I'm glad to see you have come a long way. Good work!

    I've dowloaded the NWN1 version of the module yesterday and started to refresh my mind of what the story was about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's less burnout and more I'm looking forward to doing other things. I'm enjoying this very very much but plan to finish it and then move on. At the moment it's when will this fun activity end so I can go to the next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Evil Stronghold

Maps for B4 The Lost City