Major Milestone Reached and Stardust

I have hit a major milestone today. I have finished building the dungeon with two exceptions sound and loadscreens. It is untested, but the dungeon represents the converstion or adaptation of the original Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan. My 'wrapper' goes around it and is interspersed with in it.

My to do list before I begin testing is as follows:

  • Write the end scene/battle. (It's finished in my head)
  • Write the epilogue, with 2-3 different outcomes (Also in my head)
  • Set up battles encounters for the wrapper (dialog and area transitions are done, just need the bad guys).
  • Pick load screens for each area.
  • Place sounds for each area.
I may wait and take screen captures during a test run and turn them into load screens.

It is possible I could be ready to be testing by the end of the weekend. If not by the end of the week is very likely.

I have a lot of varied scripting to check so testing could take a while, but that light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger. Burnout is non-existed to not bad. I am eager to be done, but I am happy to continue working at this point.

Next project... I plan to semi-retire and take a good long break. I saw someone put out a modern setting HAK for NWN2 I want to check out. I have always wanted to convert Expedition to Barrier Peaks. It would fit in well (character level wise) after my current mod and give players a set of mods (keep on the borderlands... hidden shrine... barrier peaks) to play with one character. However I am taking a VERY LONG break when I get this puppy out the door. I have some purchased games I'd like to try that are not installed yet and I want to play for a good long while.

* * * *

Last night I took my wife on a date and we watched Stardust. I would whole heartedly recommend this movie. It's whimiscal fairy tale/fantasy adventure. It's fun exciting, captures a bit of that D&D feeling and doesn't take itself too seriously. The airships remind me very much of my NWN1 Hythum modules. It's worth a look!

Comments

  1. Congratulations, thats a real milestone! It's amazing how fast you have worked on this module.

    Me and my wife is looking forward to see Stardust too when it comes here to Sweden. I suppose it goes up next month. I really liked the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We almost missed it (Stardust) in the theater. It wasn't even on the short list of movies we were hoping to see it just kind of worked out that way and my wife and I were both THRILLED. It was really entertaining I'd highly recommend it.

    I finished all the sounds in with the exception of one area.

    I forgot I need to add journal entires... and run a spell checker through everything. I'm getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made quick progress because I have put every available moment towards it (too much time) and I've converted it once before for NWN1.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Evil Stronghold

Maps for B4 The Lost City