More early shots of Port Leaton

With another day of work, I've got the terrain about 85-90% done.

The building, bridges, ships, etc... in place.

I need more texturing work, trees, general clutter etc...

Trees are really the next big thing, I'm a little fuzzy on how I'm going to handle the next step so I'm probably going to step away from the toolset for a bit.

This is the bridge near the palace in the middle of the city. You can look down and see other bridges far below. I know the top of the wall texture is sticking through the bridge. I did this deliberately to solve a problem, but I will probably change it, I'm not crazy about it, it looked better in the toolset.


City street, palace in the distance.


Looking out over the rooftops.

Comments

  1. These look really awesome! see ya tonight Ernie!!

    :) ermm only 1.5 hours lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'll be in the Skype session shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The depth effect in the first screen shot first made my eyes puzzled, then the brain got it and I had a kind of short edge of the world vertigo-feeling. That's just great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :-)

    I've cleaned up my problems with that area. The bridge is ever so slightly elevated, so the texture from the wall underneath does not poke through. I also put a long, thin wall under each of the bridges, so it looks like the arches on the bridges connect to something that's somewhat logical.

    I may have players eventually on one of the lower bridges looking UP. The problem is there are very few (if any) plain stone or wood models that could serve as a bridge bottom. The current bridge bottoms are partially transparent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know all about transparent bottoms :) Placed a lot of them in my Dam area before I saw that they looked really stupid from below. If you don't mind adding a new small model to your hak (it uses the original texture) you can have my modified one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I might need it. It depends on how I handle the 'view from below' or if I even put players on the lower bridge at all. I did in Hythum for NWN1 but I handled it quite differently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth