Burnout (for tonight)

Ok, I'm pullin' the plug for the weekend. All in all it was a pretty light weekend of modding. I got a few hours in on Friday and a few today. Most of the weekend I was able to spend with my wife.

My folks took the kids and my wife and I had the rare opportunity to have 24 hours of grown up discussion without fetching cereal or noodles. Don't get me wrong, for me the sun rises and sets with my children, but on those infrequent occasions when they are with someone else, I try to focus on my wife. It's nice to re-invest in each other so to speak.

... but back to the modding news. I spent most of my time finishing the palace then splitting it into three parts. It was running like a dog in the toolset and breaking it up was logical (from a layout standpoint) and will make it easy to work on later.

I also finished the temple and the interior of an Inn of the Leaping Lizard.

I need to do a few other building interiors, but don't feel inspired, just tired. Then again maybe the varnish I've been smelling all afternoon has made me loopy. (don't ask...)

So... my youngest asked to play Jedi [insert child's name] (I don't give out my kids names online). Jedi [child's name] is basically him watching me place Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, an oldie but a goodie.

I hope everyone else there in the NWN community has had a good weekend. I certainly had a great one.

Also... congratz to my modding partner Darmok, who got a new Darmokmobile (car) over the weekend. He stopped by to let me take a look. It rocks. :-)

Comments

  1. TS burnout happens to me too (I'm ready to bet it happens to all of us).

    I know you'll be back with gusto in the TS in no time. Afterall, how long can we really keep away from it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole night with the wife and no kids! That is like a mini vacation! Gotta love the grandparents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be back at it tonight, no doubt. It's like a drug. I can't stop.

    Yes, grandparents do rock. I've got some funny photos, of the little guys with 'tails' their grandfather made out of paper. They also built a toy airplane out of a big box and some paper. The littlest guy sat in the cockpit and flew to destinations unknown.

    Modding is definitely on tap for this week. Full speed ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww yeah, nothing like some Jedi action. In all honesty, my daughter has grown quite fond of her collection of toy lightsabers. I couldn't be prouder.

    The trick will be keeping her out of the living room when I finally pick up "Force Powers Unleashed". She's definately invited to the many return trips, but my intial time through I want to be undisturbed so I don't feel bad about unleashing the dark side.

    Oh and Jedi Academy totally rocks. I just wish there were the really nice Bespin Complete custom content maps like were made for Jedi Outcast. One took you throughout Cloud City, threw the Carbonite Chambers, and out to the Final Duel area. What a great great map. Here's to hoping they make yet another version of both that and the X-Wing series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to look for that custom map , it sounds great. I find I'm using detonators a lot. My four year old often encourages me to 'Use bombs' or 'Throw Bombs' It's pretty fun.

    They like battlefront I & II as well, but the lightsaber action in Jedi Knight can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely agreed.
    While I like the simplicity of the Melee/Flying of Battlefront I/II, it simply cannot match the individual games that handle those respective genres.

    My dream in the Pentium II days was to mix X-Wing and Jedi Knight into an MMO or at least a good MP game. Alas, the few attempts the pros have had at this kinda stunk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth