Hythum Screen Shots

A few quick screen shots from Hythum. The original module was broken into seven chapters, this module will be released as a campaign, and will have at least 8-10 modules. I've pretty much finished area design for module 1, and 2a. Darmok is working on module 4.

We've got a wiki with the plot, characters, locations and other information mapped out. We've also got the original mod to use as a basis for some dialog etc... For now we're focusing on area design almost exclusively. I really feel like I'm hitting my stride and it's coming along quickly and nicely at the moment.
The docks in Burnham Crossing, a seedy nearly lawless town. This shot shows the 'edge of the world'.

Another view of the Burnham Crossing Docks


The docks once more. The city is dirty, gray, drab and decaying. Earlier screen shots show this as well. No one is home yet, that will come later. :-)

A warehouse in Burnham Crossing.


Somewhere in Burnham Crossing.

I guess I need to decide what areas to go tinker with next. It's coming along but there is a lot of work ahead. Maybe I'll take a break and play Team Fortress and take my kids sledding (it snowed). I'll definitely break for the Super Bowl tonight. I'm not too pumped about the game, but it's still fun and hopefully the commercials will be good. I've heard rumors the Indiana Jones 4 trailer might make an appearance during the game. Time to whip up some chili for the game!

Comments

  1. A campaign! Will all parts be released at the same time or do you release them separate?

    NWN2 gives more possibilities to make a dynamic town so I suppose Port Llast will be great. I remember how my cleric and her team, one bard, one thief and one wizard explored the city. Oh, yes, I suppose you need a crashed version of the airship too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all be released at once, the original mod took 10-12 hours to play I think, maybe more. I'm not sure where this will wind up but it should be simple.

    To keep the modules a reasonable size it makes sense to break it up into 8-10 pieces. When the mod gets big I start having more problems with corruption and crashes in the toolset.

    I do have a relatively short scene with a crashed airship, and was planning on making use of the shipwreck model in the toolset but of course I'd welcome more custom content.

    It's going to take a while to crank this out but having a blueprint (the NWN 1 mod) to work from will surely help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth