Hythum Screenshots from Darmok

I took the screenshots, but Darmok has been working on this area for Hythum Redux. Darmok is a long time gamer, with a tremendous background in game testing and software testing. I've known Darmok for... it's been so long we don't speak of it, it's forbidden.

At any rate, here are screenshots from the area Darmok is working on. He says it's not finished and he has more to do but I think it looks FANTASTIC. This is Darmok's first NWN2 modding effort, and I think he's really hit the nail on the head. The area looks fantastic.Note the castle in the background.


I think this area really looks open and expansive, which is a nice trick as the area is actually quite small. Well done Darmok!

Awesome!

My favorite screenshot of the bunch!

Post and let me know what you think. This is Darmok's first trip out with the toolset, and I think it's impressive when compared to the work of other experienced modders!

@Darmok - Nice job partner!

Comments

  1. Very very nice. I also agree. The bottom one is my favorite as well.

    Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good mate, especially being your first attempt. You appear to have the texturing down, having plenty of variations to each tile. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed - Great job, Darmok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I'm sure Darmok will appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the area screen shots. As I first time toolset user I'd call it a success! Me myself isn't a master wizard at making outdoor area design but I have a few tips to make them look even better.

    - Use Goolges image search and look for images similar to what you are buildning. It's a short cut to make for example, an riverbank look real and see how grass grows/don't grows under trees and around stones and rocks. It also help you to see the coloring of the ground.

    - Use you cellphone cam or digicam to snap shots when you see something interesting in the great outdoors. I can be how a trench have water in it or a fallen tree and the bushes around.

    - In the toolset, use coloring to make even more variation of the ground texture. Enhance shadows under tress and bushes. Darken sand and soil near water sources. Use colors with different density to cover up the repeating texture patterns that occur when zooming out.

    - Use grass of different sizes to cover up sharp edges on slopes etc.

    Keep up the good work! You have come a long way on short time so far Darmok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a excelent misspelling machine I am! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind words. Making an area is a daunting task. Most of the time I felt like it would never be any good. I'm at the point now where I like it, but I know it isn't finished. There are some areas that are just too bare. There are some areas I wish I had done differently.

    Thanks again. -Darmok

    ReplyDelete
  8. @amraphael...

    That will be easy. Darmok and I both live in Illinois. With all the fields harvested everything is brown and muddy. One texture everywhere... very flat. (laugh).

    Fortunately Darmok is an experienced hiker, camper and traveller with a wealth of imagery stored in his noggin.

    I think you suggestion is excellent. I had a very specific image in mind while building the cliffs in Tomoachan and was happy with the result.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth