Cliffs

Amraphael was kind enough to direct me to a cliffs placeable on NWVault after reading that was not satisfied with the stretched texture showing up at the 'edge of the world'. See the top screen shot in my last post for an example. The cliff placeables are exactly what I want.

Here's a screen shot with no fog.
This looks great and it's exactly what I'm after.

However when I turn on the fog I get a lot of 'noise'. Sparkles in the background and the doors are all highlighted. Very odd indeed.


I can't live with the noise. I have MANY cliffs layered together along with rock faces and I'm wondering even though they are mostly environmental objects if the game (or my graphics card) just can't handle it and it's generating the noise. I've got a lot of stuff piled up here.

I loaded up a back up of the mod that does not include the cliffs and also saw the 'noise'. I thought it was the cliffs but apparently it's been there and I just didn't notice (hard to believe).

I need the fog for the 'edge of the world effect'. It prevents you from seeing the ground, which is about -100 below everything else.

Any suggestions for getting rid of the noise?

There is an update for my graphic card drivers, but I'm not that far out of date, just by a month. Hmmm... I'll restart the computer. Perhaps there is a 'glitch in the matrix'. :-)

Comments

  1. Hi,
    did this problem start after you placed the placeables? Have you tried to convert all the placeable (rock) objects to enviromental object?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw that you have found the trouble maker already (and that I was wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries. I've tried to convert as much as I can to environmental objects. Perhaps there are more items I can switch over and that will help. It's a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Hang it up?