Delay - Copyright Issue

Ok, I love the music I've got in the module. Absolutely love it! Unfortunately it's under copyright, don't bother to ask what it is. It was perfect, it's got to go.

I'm disappointed, and this will slow things down as I find replacement music. :-(

Anyone know a good source for public domain MP3s. Something classical with a bit of variety.

* sigh *

I know music from Baldur's Gate 1 is available and I'll look at that and other music posted on NWVault.

I need a romance theme, one or two travel themes, a bit of dramatic music and something errie (I think I've got something errie).

What was cool about what I had in place was the main themes were the same in all 5 cues, giving it a very connected feel. It was great. :-(

Oh well.

Comments

  1. www.incompetech.com

    Only a single artist, but loads of great stuff for games under creative common license.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I found some stuff I like on NWVault. It's listed as by the community for the community so I think I'm pretty safe. It's older music from 2003, but I really like it.

    I'll miss the old stuff... it was perfect. :-( But the new stuff will be very good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cross posting here:
    Browse this site for free or almost free content: http://www.commoncontent.org

    The CC-licenses can allow you to use the content for free if you're not profiting from the work or may charge you a certain amount for distributing the work. There're many different types so you have to find one license type that fits you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just curious. What music did you originally want to use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link. It was music from a movie soundtrack. I don't think it would have been recognizable. It's a very old habit. I used to use clips from soundtracks in starcraft levels shared among a group of 3 friends. I didn't even think while putting it together. Funny as I have a background in music. More ironic, as the music was part of what inspired me to write the module, I listened to it while writing dialog, etc...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth