'The Birthday' Reviewed on NWVault

The Birthday by Zach Holbrook aka Maerduin was reviewed by NWNVault today. The Birthday is one of my favorite NWN2 modules, if not the most favorite. The areas look fantastic. Peak at Maerduin's blog, he frequently posts jaw dropping screen shots of his new project. The story in the Birthday was outstanding. The module is brief but the ending really gave me an emotional jolt.

I greatly enjoy playing NWN1 and NWN2, but there are very few modules that have taken me beyond my basic enjoyment of RPG games, and really engaged me on an emotional level. Those modules are a rare treasure. The Birthday is one of those rare modules. Demon by Adam Miller was another, in the case of Demon I knew the characters so well by reach that module that I had become attached to them. I'm a father and husband, so putting a spouse and child in danger in the beginning of Demon was something I was able to identify with strongly.

You can read the review here.

Comments

  1. Hey, thanks for the compliments (and the heads-up!). I am pleased with the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great review and a great module.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth