Tomoachan Reviewed on NWVault

Dormammu has reviewed Tomoachan on NWVault. He gave the mod an overall rating of 7.43 and I am very pleased with the review. You can read the review here. This review was particularly meaningful as Dormammu had reviewed my NWN1 conversion of Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan once upon a time. If you want to see the old NWN1 review it's still up over here. I think Dormammu is a very fair reviewer, and it was a pleasure to have him revisit this remake of a conversion. It feels like things have come full circle.

Here's a short clip from the review:

Much like the first installment in NWN1, Tomoachan relies upon the atmospheric content of the module to set the stage for all the events. The author took great pains to artificially generate an “ancient Aztec-like” atmosphere that seems very genuine. For example, it becomes very believable when you have a group of spear wielding natives in loincloths coming after you in a grassy jungle-like setting. It is almost like Indiana Jones, running for his life and dodging arrows. Then there is the shrine itself. It is as if an ancient Aztec shaman had it constructed and filled out for the sole purpose of torturing gamers and messing with their minds. It is very authentic as a bizarre and macabre underground shrine of the ancients. Even little things like mounds of dirt and cave-ins lend themselves to the immersive illusion that you are trapped far below. There is a neat little music package that the author has included to help fuel the fires of the circumstances your PC and companions find themselves in. It is a nice addition that should be commended.
The current NWN2 Tomoachan is available on NWVault as is the original NWN1 Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan.

Comments

  1. Congrats! This is one of the mods very high on my "This one I'll have to play once I start playing NWN2 again"... :)

    Oh, and I'll respond here to the question expressed in an earlier blog entry: I hail from Finland.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite line was:

    I was very happy and gratified that the love story between you and Elora became the backbone of events in the NWN2 version. All of the drama surrounding your imprisonment in the shrine makes for a wonderful backdrop...

    That sums up my experience too! Two big congratulations in one week- not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the posts guys. I thought the review was great. It certainly was a terrific way to cap off a pretty good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ENoa. When do we get an interview with you? *smiles*

    Michele aka Liso
    NWNP :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! If your serious I'd be happy to try to work something out. You've had some fantastic interviews on NWN Podcast. I really think the NWNPodcast's a great and if you feel I could contribue something useful I'd be happy to do so.

    GOOD LORD. I'd have to be mildly interesting! * Gulp * The pressure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. I am very serious. I always play mods before I ask. I would love to do an interview with you.

    send me and email with times/days that are good for you. I will make up a list of questions.

    Hope to hear soon.

    thank you
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liso/Michelle,

    I haven't been able to track down your email address via your blogger handle, NWVault, or the podcast forum. If you don't receive a direct email from me shortly, please feel free to send me an email at enoa42001@yahoo.com so I know how to contact you.

    This is very exciting!

    ENoa4

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Maps for B4 The Lost City

Evil Stronghold