Hythum Redux? Something new?

Retired? Who said anything about retirement?

I've been playing a great deal lately, Dark Avenger (which was awesome) and Moonshadows (which was also great!). I wouldn't mind trying out Night Howl's at Nestlehaven, but I will probably try out Mask of The Betrayer Next.

When that's done I'll turn my attention towards new mod development again.

Here's an interesting twist. My long time friend Bruce (aka Darmok) who has posted occasionally, may participate in development of the module. Module development has always been a solitary task for me. It's one of the few things that is my own and it represents a solitude that is hard to come by. However, Darmok and I have been friends for YEARS.... so long I'm not allowed to say how many years. He and I played PnP D&D from 1985 until 1993 or so... and played tons of NWN1 mods together. We are geographically close (5 minutes away) and we even work together. We know how each other think and it is a very natural extension of what I'm already doing. So in a departure from tradition, I'm going to have a co-author! :-)

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good idea - and a fun thing to do with a good friend.
    Many years ago me and a friend wrote text adventures together with the Adventure Construction Set for the C64. Later on we made our own editor for Atari and made a few games that was popular at our school. The planning phase was the most fun, laying on the floor with huge maps and yellow stickie-notes with subjects and orange with verbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... Adventure Construction Set.

    'Billowy shirt destroyed'. Those were the days.

    I have never built a mod as a team effort, but Darmok and I spend so much time together I don't think it will be a stretch to make it both fun and successful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth