What to do next?

I'm at a bit of a crossroads from a modding standpoint.

I had planned to do the area design first. My modding partner Darmok has an area to finish. He was going to do another 6-12 areas of various sizes beyond the one he is working on now. After talking to Darmok it sounds like I will probably take on some of the remaining areas.

I've gathered screen shots of everything that's done to use as the basis for load screens.

I've exported all the dialog from Hythum for NWN1 and taken a peak. (yuck... what a mess)

I've even documented all of the resources I have used thus far for the readme file.

What's next? What should I do next?

I'm tempted to work on major NPCs and dialog. If so I'm tempted to re-write a lot if not all of the dialog. I could start testing and debugging the transitions and major plot points without many bad guys in place.

Or... I could plow ahead with more area design. I'm just not sure what I want to do next. I do feel like I have reached a major milestone, although it's not a clearly defined one.

Comments

  1. I'd do dialogue until I'm tired of it, then switch. It wouldn't be fun to have a pile of dialogue at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the guys above - go with the dialogue until you reach the vomit-point then relax with some area design and do a playtest every now and then to get the feeling of "Oh, nice. It's game for real!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a very reasonable approach. I think dig in with some dialog. :-) Thanks guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i came here with my thoughts, but the 3 up there beat me to it. Yeah doesn;t sound like you've done dialo in a while so play with that for a bit, and use the other bits for refresher breaks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started on dialog last night, I put a major NPC together and started to get my feet under me for both dialog and character creation.

    I did import all the Hythum NWN1 dialog in to a temp mod and decided to re-write it. I have the NWN1 toolset open along side the NWN2 toolset and am using the skeleton from the original dialog and I am improving upon it. (I hope it's an improvement)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Evil Stronghold

Maps for B4 The Lost City