Temptation

Oh how I am tempted to write again. I won't, at least not now.

I know I can build better than Keep on the Borderlands. Keep was supposed to be a warm up to my real modules for NWN2, but the build time is a killer.

I've read the comments and posting on the Keep forum eagerly and think they are all fair and reasonable. The fall into several broad categories.

1) Details, typos, floating objects, little things clearly wrong that aren't huge to tweak. They'd exist in anything I write.

2) Issues related to personal preference. Some folks just don't like A or B and that plays into comments I receive.

3) Design or Depth issues. Good gravy, I'd like to have deep henchmen, endless dialog that morphs as the story advances, a robust death system, a robust bleeding system, a resting system, etc... and more complex and open ended story with interesting NPCs. I think good companions are key to a successful module. This is the category that bugs me the most, not the comments, again I think the comments are fair, it bugs me that these things aren't in keep.

So why aren't they. Time... or lack thereof. Burnout. I have ideas in my head, I have ideas on paper that are flushed out. What I don't have is time, even without editing I feel pressed for time.

Oh well... in another life perhaps. I wish I had the time to write more. I miss it and I don't miss it all at the same time.

Thanks to everyone who has posted and rate. Truly your comments are welcome. I greatly appreciate and enjoy them. It's nice to get such well thought out feedback from other gamers.

Ernie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth