Darmok Speaks

Darmok, my good friend of *mumbledy mumble* years. (it's been so long we don't speak of it) has commented that he had not checked my blog in nearly two weeks. Well... my good friend and office mate said now that I am not working on my mod I haven't been posting. I was surprised to see a 10 day gap and although I am not quite ready to dive back into mod writing today this 'challenge' from Darmok along with a reply to my previous post from Tauschitz did get me thinking about it again.

Maybe... possibly...

I don't know, I've got a big work project perhaps when that's done.

The thing is my good friend Darmok should be restraining me. He should tell me to 'put the toolset down and slowly back away', but NOOOO... he taunts me. He taunts me! He goads me back towards the toolset. 'Just try one more dose, it won't hurt you'.

Darn it! I need to make a will save or call my modders anonymous sponsor.

(if anyone is at all unclear, this kind of good natured ribbing has been going on between Darmok and myself for *mumbledy mumble* years)

AND... now that I think about it, Darmok needs to finish a swamp area for Hythum. When he finishes the swamp I'll finish the island. (unless I can't resist and start tinkering in the toolset because I am a modding junkie)

Anyone want half finished giant modding project to complete?

Comments

  1. I think I may have been slightly misquoted. ;)

    Ernie has made a few comments about Hythum in the last couple days. And I may have made a few sarcastic comments about his "retirement". I'm not sure that I quite got to the level of goading...yet.

    Ernie must mod. It is in his blood. It's a curse really. After the residual buildup from all the modding he did earlier this year wears off, he will be back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..... Mr Ernie will be back! He has to!! Once that summer bug has worn off and fall approaches. I think we will see him back full force. ((If not sooner) Hythum must happen! It is a force not to be reckoned with! lol

    It's ok Ernie. We still luvs ya! We'll wait till your done with your modding RR. At least for a little while. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. See... See... He admitted it! HA! He's been taunting me with it. Here I am a humble recovering modding addict and he's talking about modding and the toolset. "Come on, everybodys modding. It won't hurt to try it just once.", he says.

    So now I'm thinking about it, but I must admit I am enjoying my break and I'm not quite ready to open the toolset yet. I would love to see the project finished, but I am enjoying my new found freedom, unshackled from the obsessive compulsive need to mod.

    I must mod? It's in my blood? Well yeah...but they are working on a vaccine or at least a modding patch that I can put on my shoulder. I'm attending weekly modders anonymous meetings, but it's very difficult when a 'close friend' like Darmok taunts and goads, yes GOADS me into modding.

    For the record there was no slight misquotation. It was a HUGE misquotation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liso... you posted while I was writing.

    Darmok... see that was a nice gentle invitation to return, not a harsh and uncaring push to return to an addiction I am barely able to resist (laugh).

    Nice to hear from you Liso. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait until I'm old enough to mumble and forget things! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. DW it is not age, it is a state of mind. Or the loss of it. Either way :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can remember forgetting many important things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Evil Stronghold

Maps for B4 The Lost City