Hythum Screenshots Part 3 - weird bug

More screenshots. I really like this area, but have an odd bug that's showing up in game only.


The lower area on either side of the walkway should be filled with water, it is but the water appears and disappears from one tile to the next. Very odd. I suppose I could replace the water with placeable water item.


The water is on in this view and shows what I want the area to look like.

The water is gone again. Weird...

This shows the water on in one tile and off in the next. Look toward the top of the picture to see the missing water.

Very weird.

Comments

  1. I'm going to sum up from all three post of screenies!

    LOOKS AWESOME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check the lighting. The water does that sometimes from too many placed lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in an interior - if you turn off the directional light, the water only shows up if you have a placed light shining on the tile it's in. and as dirtywick says too many lights can mess with the water - don;t have more than three light effects overlapping on one water area, generally, or it can make it appear black

    ReplyDelete
  4. @dirtywick and wyrin I do have interior lighting turned off. Perhaps I'll turn it on but set it for a very low setting. Thanks for the suggestion.

    @liso, thanks for the encouragement. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @dirtywick and @wyrin

    That seems to have solved the problem. What's funny is I was aware of that, I ran into that and a myriad of other water related problems while working on Tomoachan. Fortunately the undo water related bug seems to be gone, I guess I just forgot all about the lighting issue.

    Thanks a million guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that's a big load of awesome looking screen shots!

    The max 4 lights per tile-problem made me insane before understanding the cause when I started working with the toolset. Fortunately now days, there are lots of helpful people around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sir I haven't even run into the 4 lights per tile issue, but that's been tucked into memory to save on future pain.

    I don't know where we'd all be if we weren't sharing all this information. Good gravy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Maps for B4 The Lost City

Evil Stronghold