Chapter 5 is finished

Chapter 5 of my writing project is finished. Two more chapters to go. Chapter 6 is simple, and chapter 7 is quite short. I need to pull together some maps for Chapter 6 and set up a new word document to work in.

I have edited the 1st 4 chapters, and my wife has re-edited the first 2.

An internet friend of mine who is a very experienced and skilled GM has graciously agreed to skim the first few chapters as time allows. He's a busy fellow and what I've written is long, so I am thrilled that he will take a peak. He's got a copy of the 1st four chapters. I'm guessing it will be a few months or longer before he can skim them, but I am very appreciative of his time and willingness to look it over.

I don't know if anyone will read or play what I've written. I've questioned weather I will finish it or not. Given that there are only two chapters to go, I feel a sense of accomplishment and renewed energy for the project.

Onward!

Comments

  1. It's a awesome feeling when you see the finish line and once again start to believe that it's really possible to reach it.

    I'm always like: First I belive that everything is possible. Then I think about it and everything is impossible. Then I give it a go but don't really thing it will turn out well. And I plunge on...

    The benefit of that process is the rush of satisfaction when I discover that it really may be possible to reach goal.

    Take care and good luck with the two last chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir. I am chugging away. I'm taking a moment to do a few other things today, but have a good opportunity to dig in on Chapter 6 today. We'll see what happens.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo Amraphael's comments. No matter what the project is, writing a book, designing a module (pen and paper or computer), the task always feels a) A simple idea at first b) I've bitten off more than I thought I could handle. c) Oh, it's not that bad. d) Yes it is. e) No, I actually can do this. f) I did it!

    One thing I would do, is once finished, sit on it for a month and then go and look at it afresh. You can often see where it lacks substance when doing this and can flesh out areas that are not quite right.

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth