New Blog Launched

I was inspired to create my own Neverwinter Nights/RPG blog after reading Berliad's Neverwinter Nights Blog . I respect Berliad's opinions regarding Neverwinter Nights and found his blog to be well written. I am working on a Neverwinter Nights 2 project and thought this blog would be a fun way to chronicle my efforts as well as post about other RPG related thoughts.

I started paper and pencil RPG's when I was 9 or 10. I started with Basic D&D and eventually moved on to AD&D 1st edition. I must have tried half a dozen games over the years including; Gamma World, Traveller, Boot Hill, Gangbusters, Indiana Jones, and Paranoia. I even got into a little minature wargaming with the AD&D Battle System. I was almost exclusively the Dungeon Master when I gamed, and over the years have written at least a thousand pages of adventure which take place in many different worlds.

My gaming followed me when I moved from Greenlaw, New York to Champaign, IL in 1985 and helped me settle into a new group of friends. Gaming peaked for me between 1988 and 1994 during and just after college at the University of Illinois. The Ambrosia campaign, which has been partly translated into Neverwinter Nights was played from 1989 - 1992. I've kept that world alive in subsequent PnP campaigns, Warcraft II levels and Warcraft III levels.

For the past few years I have been writing Neverwinter Nights modules. Links to my modules are listed on the left. They were fairly well received and one module, Hythum II: The Halls of Kilgirn was lucky enough to be selected as a finalist in the 2006 Independent Games Festival.

Recently I finished playing Neverwinter Nights 2. I loved it. It had a few bugs, mostly visual defects, but I thought the story was quiet good and it combined some of my favorite elements from other RPGs like the Baldur's Gate serices, KOTR, and NWN1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Evil Stronghold

Maps for B4 The Lost City