Hythum for 4th Edition D&D

I wanted to share a 4th edition D&D adventure I wrote between 2009 and 2010.   It's called, "Hythum", the name of the world where the story takes place.   It started out as a Neverwinter Nights 1 module, then I tried to convert it to Neverwinter Nights 2.  The project was too large and complicated, with my kids growing I couldn't finish it.  4th edition D&D came out and although I don't really have the time or opportunity to play right now, I wanted to read about it and learn it.  I decided to write it as a 4th edition pen and paper module.  

It's quite large, about 400 pages if I recall correctly.   It should take a group of 4 or 5 brand new 1st level characters to 10th level.   

Hythum can be downloaded from https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BxT-GD94MNQfWUFsZHV2RWUySWc/edit    The module is in PDF and word format.  There is spreadsheet with notes about XP that should be earned per chapter.  I've also uploaded all of the raw maps.  The maps are embedded in the module and aren't needed separately unless someone wants them.  Perhaps to print a large scale copy more easily, or to share them using an online gaming program.

If you check it out, let me know what you think.  

Comments

  1. I've actually had an opportunity to play the first section of Hythum and my first 4th Edition D&D game. My 9 and 11 year old have been dabbling with old school basic D&D and want to try something more complicated. It was fun to run my story and try 4th edition.

    I was dubious about the combat mechanics of 4th edition. It seem more like a video game than D&D, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. They were balanced, easy to understand (once I got going) and my kids and I all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Ernie! I looks great and I'm impressed how much work you have put into it. Although I don't have anyone to play it with right now, I'm enjoy reading it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amraphael,

    Nice to hear from you. It's a beast of an adventure. Thanks for taking a look.

    Ernie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

Hang it up?

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth