I’ve written a 294 page 4th Edition D&D adventure, broken into 7 chapters. I’m looking for a DM with 4th edition experience to read it and provide me with some feedback. Of course I’d be happy to send you a copy if you are not experienced with 4th edition, or if you are not a DM. I’d be thrilled beyond words to hear that someone wanted to run it, but for now, I’d be more than content with a little feedback.

If you are interested send me your e-mail address and I’ll e-mail it along to you. Due to the images in the adventure the entire size is over 20 MB, but I can send it in a few chunks if that’s helpful.

This writing project has taken me about a year. I used to be an avid D&D Dungeon Master. Writing for computer games gradually took over for me about 10-15 years ago as my gaming friends scattered around the states and as I got married and had kids. About a year ago, I quit writing modules for Neverwinter Nights 2. It just took too much time away from my family and the progress was quite slow. It became more about programming and less about storytelling and true gaming. I did pick up the core rulebooks just over two years ago, and excitedly listened to the initial 4th edition podcasts on www.RPGMP3.com. It helped me get a better sense of the game mechanics, but nothing substitutes for actual game play. Unfortunately that's just not in the cards for me now.

I could have written a balanced 1st or 2nd edition module without half trying, I have loads of experience. However I felt very compelled to write 4th edition material. I remain most concerned about game balance. I have a wealth of experience writing and running games, but none with 4th edition. They seem to have some idiot proof formulates suggested in the DMG, but this is what I worry about this the most.
The first two chapters are fairly well edited thanks to my wife. Chapters 3-5 have had light editing from me, but need more editing. Chapters 6-7 are in need of some cleanup, but despite the typos, and other grammatical problems, I’m sure someone could wade through them.

Again, if you are interested in taking a look at what I’ve done please send me your e-mail address and I'll get it to you. If someone is actually interested in running it after taking a look, please let me know how it goes.

Comments

  1. Hi Ernie.
    I've just finished reading it (on my iPhone so it took some time extra) and I must say I'm impressed. From what I've picked up by reading the 4E books and talking to friends who play, it seems be very playable and at the same time a interesting story. I'd say you'd try to get someone to play it for you and then get it published on some of the online rpg publishers. It's good stuff you have here.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amraphael,

    My sincerest thanks for your feedback. I know it was long and took a while to wade through. I'm trying to get some guys over at RPGMP3.com to read and/or play it.

    I'll have to find an online publisher, and pull out some of the stat blocks, but I may try to do that.

    Thanks,

    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. xn1tr0x@hotmail.com

    I run 4e; I have a blog about DMing as well. I'd love to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Hang it up?