First Combat Encounter Written

I've made some progress over the past week or so.

I wrote my first custom trap last week, I'm cranking out a few maps of different styles and today I wrote my first combat encounter.

If this were a first or second edition encounter I could probably write it without cracking the cover of a book. However, I carefully looked at how they were printed in pubished modules, balanced the encounter according to the encounter level guidelines, and copied info about the monsters carefully into the encounter. It's a lot of copy work, but I'm sure it will go faster as I get used to it. I can see how the system is very convienent and valuable for the DM. All the info is right at his or her fingertips.

I did loose any opportunity for productivity yesterday. We had a bit of an issue at the house. You can read about it here if you are curious:

Broken Toilet and Water Damage Part 1

Broken Toilet and Water Damage Part 2

Comments

  1. I have the Core books for D&D 4e, but I bought them more out of curiosity than use, as I no longer play PnP. Since buying them, I have not had much time to read them.

    Sorry to hear about your boy's toilet! That sounded like a pain in the neck and I know only too well what something like that happening can do with your time and stress levels!

    Good to read you have it under control now.

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a house owner has it's moments. We had an leaking heat radiator pipe that filled our wall with water last Christmas, not so fun. Except for all cool equipment used to dry it up. It sounds like a porcelain chair is really expensive in the States. Glad do hear that everything seems to be solved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Evil Stronghold

Maps for B4 The Lost City