Quick screen shots of a seedy smoke filled tavern. I've got a tile that rotates 90 degrees in game, but looks fine in the editor. You can almost make it out the second screen shot. Weird.
yeah - I've had problems with that tile too. I think a solution (not necessarily ideal) is to use the same tile floor, but with a wall on one edge - that doesn't play up
i found it to be a bit random even with rotating the tile. but there's another sunken floor tile which has a wall on one side - this doesn't suffer from the rotation bug
I got the rotated tile bug fixed using Wyrin's suggestion. Again, friends in the community come to the rescue. Sometimes half the fun of modding is the great interaction with folks spread far and wide.
A 5e Conversion guide and maps for the T1-T4 The Temple of Elemental Evil have been posted at DMs Guild. Enjoy https://www.dmsguild.com/product/353963/The-Temple-of-Elemental-Evil-5E-Conversion-Guide-with-Maps 5e D&D conversion of the various monsters, magic items, and creatures encounters for T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil. The conversion guide is 78 pages. In addition, 19 maps at 70 DPI are included, ready for online use. Grid and no-grid variants of each map are provided. Maps include: The Village of Hommlet Inn of The Welcome Wench Traders’ Establishment Church of St. Cuthbert Guard Tower Ruins of the Moathouse Moathouse Dungeons Nulb Tower Ruins The Temple (exterior) Two variants of the temple exterior are provided. The second variant is provided as a single composite map and as smaller sections. The Temple (interior) Dungeon Level 1 Dungeon Level 2 Dungeon Level 3 Dungeon Level 4 Air Elemental Node Earth Elemental Node Fire Elemental Node Water Elem...
Hey Folks, I am officially taking a modding Hiatus. How long? I don't know. I am going to help with a DMFI related adaptation of Keep on the Borderlands, but then I'm turning off the editor for a while. My friend Bruce (aka Darmok) said, maybe modding is more of a winter sport. Perhaps? I don't know. I just know I need to get away from it for a while. I've always joked it's like an addiction and it really is. I feel like I'm in a good place right now. Tomochan just made the hall of fame and received an AME award. I have more hours than I can count poured into Hythum. The area design is done. The plot outline is done and I have dialog done for maybe 5-10% of the mod. It's hard to put it down with so much poured into it. Now for the guilt. Amraphael made an amazing airship model for me to use in this mod. I feel a great deal of gratitude and quite a bit of guilt for stepping away from something that he put so much effort into. I written to a frie...
Some screenshots from todays work on Hythum. I've been putting this area together all week and it's nearly done. If I have been producing like this during my entire recovery I'd be sitting pretty. Oh well. I don't like some of the weeds in the middle of the road and need to clean them up but overall I am quite happy with what I have.
Cool atmosphere Ernie! keep up the good work. :)
ReplyDeleteyeah - I've had problems with that tile too. I think a solution (not necessarily ideal) is to use the same tile floor, but with a wall on one edge - that doesn't play up
ReplyDelete@Liso, thanks!
ReplyDelete@Wyrin, thanks for the tip, I'm not sure I follow completely, are you saying I can't use that particular sunken floor tile? Thanks for the help.
I've never thought of it before, but when checking my mod I found the same bug. Weird...
ReplyDeleteI like the tavern so much that I even held down the middle button and tried to rotate the camera :)
Thanks! I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fix it, it's odd that it looks fine in the toolset.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if I rotate the tile in the toolset, so it's off by 90 degrees, then bake it if it will work. Kinda screwy but so is the bug.
i found it to be a bit random even with rotating the tile. but there's another sunken floor tile which has a wall on one side - this doesn't suffer from the rotation bug
ReplyDeleteGot it. Thanks for the tip.
ReplyDeleteI got the rotated tile bug fixed using Wyrin's suggestion. Again, friends in the community come to the rescue. Sometimes half the fun of modding is the great interaction with folks spread far and wide.
ReplyDeleteThanks Wyrin!