If you are brave of heart, have a strong stomach, and actually want to see pictures of my foot that's healing from surgery, then swing on over to my personal blog for some pictures.
It is far less swollen than it was 3 weeks ago. Last time it was twice the size and very pink. I looked like a piece of meat that should have been hanging at the butcher shop.
I have not bathed that foot for five weeks and it will be another five yet before it gets a proper washing. I am unable to remove the cast and I am not allowed to get it wet.
I did bring a wash cloth to the surgeons office and washed it as best I could while the cast was off, but I'd love to soak it in some water for a while.
From my years in the health care I've seen my share of scary and disgusting wounds. Swollen, but it looks really good. Lower parts of the body usually heals slow so I'd say you have some +1 to your regeneration. But I don't want to switch with you. Have they some plans for your other foot yet? I'd imagine that now that you know what's all about it could feel a bit scary...
e.c. patterson fails his fortitude save and looks away.
I am trying to walk more and more on it. My wife and friend are quite concerned because I am double jointed. When I step my knee locks and extends backwards slightly. My knee naturally moves that way but they are both quite concerned it will damage my knee or impede my recovery. I was going to call and ask at my wifes suggestion but she wanted to do it so she could ask some specific questions. Hopefully this is not a problem.
A 5e Conversion guide and maps for the T1-T4 The Temple of Elemental Evil have been posted at DMs Guild. Enjoy https://www.dmsguild.com/product/353963/The-Temple-of-Elemental-Evil-5E-Conversion-Guide-with-Maps 5e D&D conversion of the various monsters, magic items, and creatures encounters for T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil. The conversion guide is 78 pages. In addition, 19 maps at 70 DPI are included, ready for online use. Grid and no-grid variants of each map are provided. Maps include: The Village of Hommlet Inn of The Welcome Wench Traders’ Establishment Church of St. Cuthbert Guard Tower Ruins of the Moathouse Moathouse Dungeons Nulb Tower Ruins The Temple (exterior) Two variants of the temple exterior are provided. The second variant is provided as a single composite map and as smaller sections. The Temple (interior) Dungeon Level 1 Dungeon Level 2 Dungeon Level 3 Dungeon Level 4 Air Elemental Node Earth Elemental Node Fire Elemental Node Water Elem...
Hey Folks, I am officially taking a modding Hiatus. How long? I don't know. I am going to help with a DMFI related adaptation of Keep on the Borderlands, but then I'm turning off the editor for a while. My friend Bruce (aka Darmok) said, maybe modding is more of a winter sport. Perhaps? I don't know. I just know I need to get away from it for a while. I've always joked it's like an addiction and it really is. I feel like I'm in a good place right now. Tomochan just made the hall of fame and received an AME award. I have more hours than I can count poured into Hythum. The area design is done. The plot outline is done and I have dialog done for maybe 5-10% of the mod. It's hard to put it down with so much poured into it. Now for the guilt. Amraphael made an amazing airship model for me to use in this mod. I feel a great deal of gratitude and quite a bit of guilt for stepping away from something that he put so much effort into. I written to a frie...
Some screenshots from todays work on Hythum. I've been putting this area together all week and it's nearly done. If I have been producing like this during my entire recovery I'd be sitting pretty. Oh well. I don't like some of the weeds in the middle of the road and need to clean them up but overall I am quite happy with what I have.
I rarely get grossed out. So I took a looky.
ReplyDeleteThat is some serious swelling there! BTW Ernie. I wanted to shave your legs. haha ok j/k
It doesn't look "to" bad. And hopefully you are well on your way to a nice recovery and less pain. :)
Liso
It is far less swollen than it was 3 weeks ago. Last time it was twice the size and very pink. I looked like a piece of meat that should have been hanging at the butcher shop.
ReplyDeleteyeah still looks pretty swollen. Do you have to bathe it in salt water? I know that helped my scar heal, and stay clean
ReplyDeleteNice neon green cast tho!
I have not bathed that foot for five weeks and it will be another five yet before it gets a proper washing. I am unable to remove the cast and I am not allowed to get it wet.
ReplyDeleteI did bring a wash cloth to the surgeons office and washed it as best I could while the cast was off, but I'd love to soak it in some water for a while.
I am NOT looking at this picture.
ReplyDeleteI will take a look at a pic of your healthy foot though, once it gets there. I hope for you that's going to be soon! :)
From my years in the health care I've seen my share of scary and disgusting wounds. Swollen, but it looks really good. Lower parts of the body usually heals slow so I'd say you have some +1 to your regeneration. But I don't want to switch with you. Have they some plans for your other foot yet? I'd imagine that now that you know what's all about it could feel a bit scary...
ReplyDeleteLike the cast!
e.c. patterson fails his fortitude save and looks away.
ReplyDeleteI am trying to walk more and more on it. My wife and friend are quite concerned because I am double jointed. When I step my knee locks and extends backwards slightly. My knee naturally moves that way but they are both quite concerned it will damage my knee or impede my recovery. I was going to call and ask at my wifes suggestion but she wanted to do it so she could ask some specific questions. Hopefully this is not a problem.
Yes, but I made my will save, and resisted the temptation. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm listening to the podcast interview now. One of your questions was asked, about the Gnome. How cool!
ReplyDeleteOf course, it had to be the gnome! ;) I'll try to listen to it soon.
ReplyDeleteThe podcast was great. I listened twice.
ReplyDeleteI listened a few times! oh wait. I had to edit it. :p thanks guys. I wish I got more community questions in. Time was not on my side this time.
ReplyDeleteHeck! I'd rather have the community do most the questions. Easier for me, and more fun that way!!! hehe
Liso
Liso,
ReplyDeleteYou did a nice job, up to you consistently high standards.
Ernie