Progress on Hobgoblin Caves

I got a good hour to 90 minutes in on Keep on the borderlands. It seems like the dungeon, 'the caves of choas' are an endless parade of guard rooms, common areas, storage rooms and chief's quarters. I got a few tile issues repaired in the Hobgoblin's caves and decorated a large common area and a guard area. I'm quite pleased with the look.

I'm going to finish the caves then before I add NPCs, dialog and scripts I think I will do a little testing and make sure I can 'walk' everywhere I need to and that area transition and secret doors are all working. Then on to the fun stuff...

I know this is a classic module, but I am struggling with how much to expand the plot. The original is nearly plot free, leaving it up to the DM to fill in the blanks. I guess as a mod builder that's up to me, but as I color in the blank spots I wonder if I am deviating too much from the original. It's a classic module and I want to do it justice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Hang it up?