NWN2 Project - Keep on the Borderlands.


My current NWN2 project is a conversion of the paper and pencil classic by Gary Gygax. I started out reconverting Hidden Shrine of Tomachan, a module I converted for NWN1. I did quite a bit of work on Shrine with the pre-release toolset. Some of it looked great, and other areas, well let's just say they were a learning experience. It was hard to come up with the Aztec themed elements that module required and I decided to convert something else. Keep on the Borderlands seemed like a great fit. After playing the game, I was reasonably sure the toolset would include everything I needed.

Why a paper and pencil conversion and not Hythum III or another original module. First, conversions require a little less work, the module is already written. Second, it forces me to push the toolset to match the module and I learn quite a bit in the process.

I have already completed layout for the keep, keep interiors, the exteriors around the caves of chaos and a few wilderness areas. I have one more wilderness area and then the caves. themselves. Basically I have nice looking areas devoid of people, monsters, loot, scripts, etc...

I am working with the world map editor, and although I have something put together that looks nice half the time I open it I get a black screen. I'm not sure what's up here and have not found posts to answer my questions. I also have no idea how to script the darn thing. Hopefully it will not be overly difficult. I don't need an world map for this module, but it would be nice to learn how to include it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evil Stronghold

5e Conversion Guide of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Hang it up?